Did you know that some of the best makeup removers come from the drugstore? You all know I wear my fair share of makeup. A precise and clean makeup application is important to me and something I’ve worked to perfect. Just as important though is removing my makeup and properly treating my skin after wearing a full face. Even on days when I wear something light like concealer and blush, I still make sure to clean my skin well and properly treat and hydrate it.
In this guide, I’ve rounded up 6 of the best makeup removers I found at the drugstore. All of these cleansing balms are under $20 and they are all safe for all skin types. You’ll notice that I didn’t list any makeup wipes in this round up, and that’s because I only use them for touch ups, not to cleanse.
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil– $15.00– This oil is lightweight and fragrance-free making it a favorite for those with sensitive skin. A little pump goes a long way so this small bottle will last a while.
- Bliss Mighty Biome Cleansing Balm-S19– This cleanser is new to my stash. I was gifted this from Bliss to try and it quickly became a regular in my stash. It’s creamy and hydrating and removes even the most stubborn liquid lipstick
- E.L.F Holy Hydration Makeup Melting Balm– $11– This is my ride or die makeup remover. Not only does it get every single inch of makeup off, it’s does so without stripping the skin of moisture.
- Good Molecules Instant Cleansing Balm– $15– The nourishing oils in this cleanser make it a favorite, shea, camellia and sea buckhorn oil removes makeup, dirt and oil while treating your skin.
- Palmer’s Skin Therapy Cleansing Face Oil-$9.00– The most affordable option on the list, but also one of the most effective. Gentle enough for sensitive skin and it still removes every inch of your makeup.
- Derma E Rosehip & Camellia Oil Cleansing Balm– $15– Formulated with healing rosehip oil, this cleansing balm dissolves all dirt and makeup while leaving your skin nourished and hydrated.
Using a makeup remover balm not only removes the day’s makeup but it also cleanses and hydrates. I double cleanse every time that I wear makeup and the cleansing balm is the first step. Let me know in the comments if any of these cleansing balms have worked for you, or which ones you’d like to try.
Until next time