With the pandemic still going strong many months later, I have been looking for all of the ways to DIY my beauty routines. I suck at doing my own pedicures and manicures, but my facial game has stepped up big time. My skincare stash is growing and trying to keep up with my makeup stash. I’ve started adding beneficial products for mature skin such as retinol, and other brightening serums but let me tell you, the facial steamer has been the BEST purchase I’ve made in quite some time.
5 Benefits of Facial Steaming
Steaming your face not only feels amazing but it has many great benefits which I’ll list below. If you are looking for an inexpensive spa treatment you can do in the comfort of your home, purchasing a facial steamer is what I would recommend. Let’s get into some of the benefits:
- Steaming helps relieve toxins from the skin- Steaming loosens up your pores and helps loosen any trapped dirt and oil. If you have blackheads, steaming your face loosens them up and makes them easier to remove. Add a little essential oil such as lavender or eucalyptus, especially if your skin is congested.
- Steaming is Hydrating- This is actually an old beauty trick, I guarantee if you ask any of your elders some of their beauty secrets, steaming will be included. Have you ever stood in a super hot shower and felt how good and dewey your skin felt afterward? Same thing with the facial steamer, and we all need hydration, right?
- Steaming prepares your skin to absorb moisturizers and serums- With the steam loosening up your pores, this makes it easier for your serums to deeply penetrate and work how they’re supposed to. The same with moisturizers, you don’t want the products to sit on top of your skin, and steaming helps with this.
- Steaming can help increase circulation- Steaming makes you sweat, sweat improves circulation, improved circulation in your face means more youthful looking skin.
- It’s affordable and it just feels good- Like I said, a mini spa treatment you can do at home for just a few dollars. What could be better?
Shop my Amazon Store: My Amazon Store
When do you use the steamer? It’s best to use steamer after you’ve cleansed your face but BEFORE you apply any toners, serums or moisturizers. With the first point above, steaming helps remove toxins, so after you cleanse your face, steaming will act as a second cleanser, if you will. Use the steam for about 2-3 minutes at a time and keep your face at least 5 inches away from the steam. If you don’t want to purchase a steamer, then you can always use a bowl, filled with distilled or purified water that you’ve boiled. Or use a few steamy towels to get the job done. Don’t over do it, stick to steaming 1-2 times a week. The steamer I purchased was from Amazon and it is linked here:
Have you tried steaming? If so, which method do you use? Leave a comment below