Looking back at my many, MANY makeup purchases from this year, concealers were at the top. Low key, I love my concealers more than most of my foundations. Concealers are truly the secret weapon in my makeup routine, they do so many wonderful things. In this post, I’ll give you a rundown of the best concealers I’ve tried in 2023.
As far as concealers go, I tend to have different shades and types. As I said above, concealers do so many things, from covering dark circles, color correcting dark spots and giving your complexion an even finish. Personally, I have a concealer for every one of those reasons. There are days when I don’t want a full beat, but just want a my skin but better makeup look. Let’s take a look at the list of the best concealers I’ve tried this year.
*This post contains affiliate links which support this blog. Should you decide to purchase anything through these links, I may make a small commission*
- ABH Magic Touch Concealer– Anastasia Beverly Hills is known for their amazing eyeshadow palettes, but they have one of the best concealers on the shelves. The Magic Touch concealer is lightweight, yet creamy formula that melts into my skin. This concealer is medium to full coverage, so I like to use it to touch up and conceal any blemishes. It’s a bit too full to use under my eyes.
- Tower 28 Swipe All Over Hydrating Concealer– When Tower 28 said this concealer glides on like a serum, they weren’t kidding. To me, this concealer is hydrating and truly acts like skincare in concealer form. I use this to brighten my under eye and it does it flawlessly, without caking or creasing. If you’re prone to redness or dark circles, the Swipe all Over concealer is one to try.
- LYS Triple Fix Brightening Concealer– The LYS Brightening concealer is my go to on my full face makeup days. I use this to highlight the high points of my face, it visibly brightens and covers up my dark circles. This is also a very affordable concealer, it retails for just $19.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Concealer– When I wear this concealer, it’s like I’ve never seen a blemish in my whole life. Teint Idole Ultra Wear concealer is full coverage, yet it doesn’t feel heavy or cakey. I can use this as an all over concealer and set it with powder and voile, flawless skin.
- Haus Labs Triclone Skin Tech Concealer– As much I love the Haus Labs Foundation, I doubly love the concealer. This concealer is formatted with niacinamide, hyaluronic acid and fermented arnica, all ingredients that are used to brighten the complexion, hydrate and reduce redness. This concealer is so good to me that I can use it under my eyes and as a touch up all over my skin. *as a tip, try and get your color match in store*.
When choosing a concealer that will cover dark circles, I tend to lean towards shades that have some peach tones in them. Peach or orange toned concealers cancel out brown or dark spots by neutralizing them. Cream concealers also work best for my normal to dry skin, so I look for a lightweight formula.
Let me know what concealers that you’ve tried this year that you love. If you need help choosing a concealer, I’m here to help! Leave a comment below.